Thursday 30 October 2008

Thinking Things Over

What a Breeders' Cup it was! Wahey for Raven's Pass - I really like that horse.

Anyway, I am going to revamp this blog somehow over the next few weeks - I am not sure exactly how yet, but I will think of something.

I have a fair amount of horses I follow and now with my first few crops having offspring as well and trying to keep track of them as well needs a lot of energy and I am trying to think of the most efficient way of doing it.

I might decide to start a 'sister-blog' on which I keep track of the offspring of my crop mares and stallions. I will remove the horses from my 2006 crop that are offspring by earlier crops.

The other dilemma I have is how to keep track of all the offspring of the few stallions I have at stud: Cat Dreams, Certain Storm and Dubawi. Gauguin, Ten Centuries and Shaniko had their first foal crops in 2008. Indy and Echo Of Light will both have their first foals in 2009. I have to come up with an ingenious way of doing this and I haven't yet! I might choose to only track their first crops in detail, but I just have to have a think about it.

Bear with me!

No comments: