Wednesday 1 October 2008

ToF Update - 1 Oct 08

Life is pretty busy and hectic at the moment (in a good way), so I will stick to these updates for now. I hope to go back to a quieter life at the end of October!

Wordspinner did the unthinkable - he won a race! He broke his maiden in his 51st start on 26 September. He did place and show regularly, so hopefully the step up against horses that have won races as well won't be too hard on him. He won for owner/trainer Daniel Jacobs under Chin Yang in a maiden claiming at Finger Lakes.

It was a bad few days for horses pulling up.

Silver Swallow was pulled up in her race at Oak Tree at Santa Anita on 25 September, but according to her trainer she was fine before and after the race. Hopefully she is in perfect health and will run again soon. I am sure she will have a thorough veterinary check-up first though!

Conjugal Visit was pulled up in race 4 at Mountaineer on 27 September and Wildwood Peekaboo was pulled up in race 1 at Hawthorne on 26 September. I am keeping my fingers crossed that both will be ok. I have emailed the tracks to ask their status.

No comments: