Wednesday 19 November 2008

Decision: Crop of 2007

Instead of following all my past crops on here, I will from now on exclusively dedicate this blog to my Crop of 2007 to make things easy for myself and maybe more interesting as well.

I will document my progress as I choose my 50 2yos of 2009 over the next few months. I have been researching in the last few weeks already, so I will soon be able to list some prospects that I am thinking of including.

By concentrating on one crop I will be able to explain fully why I chose those particular fifty horses and document their progress through their racing careers more closely.

I have already thought long and hard about what kind of horses to include. I really want a nice mixture breeding-wise. Of course I will include some well-bred animals, but I would also like to include some of the non-commercial sires that might only have 10 or 20 mares a year or even fewer.

I have also already seen a lot of youngsters with beautiful names that I am keen to include. Dance With Ravens lends himself to lovely naming options for instance and Fantastic Light always seems to get some nice ones. I am superficial after all and a beautiful name goes a long way in my book!

I am already getting excited about choosing my fifty :o)

No comments: