Friday 4 July 2008

Owner Lost In The Fog Dies

Harry J Aleo died at his home in San Francisco on 21 June, a day before the race named after his brightest star. He died of cancer at the age of 88.

He endeared himself to me with his blunt refusals to sell Lost In The Fog. After all, how often would you come across a horse like Fog?

He was a man who loved his horses and loved to see them run. I loved to see his horses run as well and Lost In The Fog is a horse that will always be in my heart. The lightning fast colt died too young with so much left to give and I will always wonder what could have been. I am sure Harry did as well...

My condolences to his close friends and family and he will be greatly missed by the racing industry, especially in the Bay Area in California.

Article from The bloodhorse

No comments: